Things on Amazon are ever-changing. And if you’re serious about Amazon sales and don’t want to simply jump on the bandwagon, you must follow and even foresee emerging industry trends.
The e-commerce industry has seen a lot of push throughout the past few years, and the pandemic has only accelerated this. E-commerce events of 2021 were mainly covering this shift – a lot of first-timers, a surge in demand for online shopping, and more similar.
Now, we can only guess what the e-commerce conferences of 2022 will look like – you’ll see a lot of virtual events but also a comeback of offline experiences. And if you want to get ahead of all the e-commerce trends and be the first to learn about where the industry is going, here’s a round-up of some of the must-attend Amazon seller conferences of 2022.
Hi! This post is brought to you by Sellzone, a blog designed by Semrush to help your ecommerce business grow. Semrush is the online visibility platform platform trusted by seven million users and 30% of Fortune 500 companies. Take advantage of Semrush's ecommerce tools by entering Semrush AppCenter.
Follow us on social media to read the latest strategies from the ecommerce community, and don't miss new opportunities to increase your profits:
2022 E-commerce Conferences [Offline Experience]
We know that a lot of you miss good old face-to-face experiences with fellow sellers and industry pros. Well, we’ll see some offline action in 2022. So, if you’re one for offline experiences, look into attending the following events.
- What: An annual conference that focuses on providing actionable education for professionals across the retail industry.
- When: January 16-18, 2022
- Where: New York City, NY, USA
- Why Attend: They invite the top industry visionaries to talk about all things retail. At the events, you’ll discover tons of networking and educational opportunities to learn from retail’s biggest names and an Expo filled with new technology and solutions.
- Registration: Tickets for 2022 are already available. Depending on your status, tickets typically start at $1,000+.
- Sponsorship: You can learn more about sponsorship opportunities here.
- What: An annual expo that attracts the world’s biggest retailers and e-commerce solution providers. If you want to be in the know about the latest tech, software, and tools available to innovative sellers, this is the place to be.
- When: February 9, 2022
- Where: Berlin, Germany
- Why Attend: Up to 30 leading e-commerce experts from across the globe will share their vision for the future and the current landscape of the retail industry. Plus, this event is a great networking opportunity to meet fellow sellers, e-commerce practitioners, and solution providers.
- Registration: Registration to the event is already open, and entry is free of charge.
- Sponsorship: You can learn more about sponsorship/exhibit opportunities here.
- What: A three-day e-commerce event that features more than 30 hours of power talks on all things e-commerce: from new research and tactics to high-level industry discussions, you’ll hear it all.
- When: February 28-March 2, 2022
- Where: Plam Springs, CA, USA
- Why Attend: This is one of the key e-commerce networking events within the industry, featuring some of the top e-commerce seminars and talks from the leading experts. LVMH, Gap, Lululemon are just a few brands presenting this year.
- Registration: Registration is open, and pricing starts at $1699 (two-day pass).
- Sponsorship: You can learn more about eTail Palm Springs’ sponsorship opportunities here.
- What: A full-day conference specifically tailored to Amazon sellers.
- When: March 11, 2022
- Where: Manchester, UK
- Why Attend: This is a conference specifically built for Amazon sellers, so you can expect to hear about all things Amazon: from how to deal with international sourcing to scaling your Amazon business. Moreover, it’s a fairly informal event, so it’s a great spot to meet fellow sellers and discuss your challenges and best practices.
- Registration: Registration is already open, along with early bird tickets that start at $80.
- Sponsorship: For potential sponsorship opportunities, reach out to Amafest through this link.
- What: An annual conference for established Amazon sellers who want to leverage the event’s amazing networking opportunities and learn about the latest Amazon tricks from top sellers.
- When: March 14-16, 2022
- Where: Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Why Attend: The Prosper Show offers tons of networking, 30 expert speakers, 36 educational sessions on topics relevant to your business, and over a hundred service providers, all aimed at helping you build your Amazon business.
- Registration: Registration is not yet open, and pricing will be determined later. Previously, the pricing was within the $149-$949 range.
- Sponsorship: You can learn more about how to sponsor or exhibit at The Prosper Show here.
- What: From executives from Google and Walmart to insiders from Nordstrom and Instacart, this annual event gathers the retail industry’s game-changers who have a thing or two to share about the future of retail and the latest trends.
- When: March 27-30, 2022
- Where: Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Why Attend: The events feature a great line-up of experts who know the retail industry from the inside out – from consumer demand patterns to the latest on digital experiences. You’ll also get a chance to meet the industry’s most promising startups, technology, and solutions.
- Registration: Registration and tickets are already available, with prices starting at $2,050.
- Sponsorship: You can learn more about how to sponsor or exhibit at Shoptalk here.
Midwest e-Com Conference
- What: A cozy conference, focusing mostly on Amazon seller needs (although they cover eBay, Etsy, and other marketplaces) and new industry tactics.
- When: April 12-13, 2022
- Where: Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Why Attend: If you’re in for some From Seller to Seller spirit, this is the right e-commerce event to attend. You’ll get a lot of time to network with fellow sellers and hear about the best practices from people who sell on Amazon day to day.
- Registration: The registration to this e-commerce show is now open; entry costs $449.99.
- What: More of an intensive 2-day workshop than simply an event where you passively listen to various speakers, this summit is all about the “e-commerce learning experience” provided by industry practitioners.
- When: May 4-6, 2022
- Where: Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Why Attend: From building your own brand to running a successful Amazon business, this event provides attendees with hands-on practice and profound knowledge about all things e-commerce. They also have special masterclasses for advanced sellers who make over $1M in revenue.
- Registration: So far, you can only sign up for receiving updates for the registration and the pricing.
- Sponsorship: You can find all the details about sponsoring the event here.
- What: Formerly retailX, this year’s event comes in a different package, and the promise is that attendees will love it even more.
- When: May 11-12, 2022
- Where: Chicago, IL, USA
- Why Attend: This is what you’d call a serious conference that discusses topics like e-commerce models and the newest developments in customer experiences, with the biggest focus on innovation and data.
- Registration: Registration is already open, and the all-event pass is currently at $899 (the price will rise in the future, though).
- What: With a single pass giving you access to IRX and eDX, these are both focused on all things e-commerce, including expert speakers, practical workshops, networking opportunities, and more.
- When: May 11-12, 2022
- Where: Birmingham, UK
- Why Attend: With this two-in-one approach, you’ll be able to both hear big industry pros discuss high-scale e-commerce topics and get hands-on practice through numerous workshops and smaller-group sessions.
- Registration: Register for the two events.
- Sponsorship: Information about sponsorship opportunities and contact details can be found here.
- Sponsorship: All the information about sponsorship opportunities and details is upon request.
- What: An annual event that gathers all the major retailers in one place to lead interactive roundtables, deep-dive workshops, and curated networking opportunities.
- When: August 8-10, 2022
- Where: Boston, MA, USA
- Why Attend: Expert speakers will focus on helping you develop practical skills to build your e-commerce business and learn about success-proof marketing strategies.
- Registration: Registration and pricing aren’t yet available.
- Sponsorship: For information about sponsoring, speaking, or presenting, reach out here.
Top 2022 Events For Amazon Sellers [Online/Virtual]
While it’s nice to finally be able to attend some in-person events, let’s face it, the convenience of logging in to an event online while in your PJs is still very attractive. So, here are some of the must-see virtual events for Amazon sellers.
- What: This is an all-day virtual conference purely dedicated to discussions about the future of e-commerce.
- When: February 8, 2022
- Where: Online
- Why Attend: The conference speakers cover a wide range of topics – from cross-border expansion to ensuring operational efficiency. You’ll hear about the latest data and insights from the e-commerce industry, like how you should tailor your delivery to various demographics or how to reap the full benefits of the e-commerce-first economy.
- Registration: Registration is already available, while pricing is yet to be set.
- What: This is a two-day online conference, which returns in 2022, is the largest e-commerce event, with over 30K attendees, 7K+ brands, 70+ speakers, and 10+ tracks.
- When: May 4-5, 2022
- Where: Online
- Why Attend: For listening to top-notch Amazon and e-commerce experts who will talk about topics that go beyond the marketplace – from the latest marketing strategies to brand building.
- Registration: Tickets are already on sale, with early bird pricing starting at $49.
- Sponsorship: Check out this page for more details about sponsorship opportunities.
How to Best Prepare for the E-Commerce Conference
Now that you know which e-commerce conferences are a must-attend, you might be wondering how to make the most of your experience and make sure they’re worth every penny.
While e-commerce shows are typically quite intense, they do leave space for communication and networking. So how do you find a balance between just a good time with fellow sellers and learning everything there is to learn about?
Just follow a few easy steps that will help you reap the full benefits of any e-commerce conference.
#1. Define your goals
If you think about it, people attend conferences for various reasons. So ask yourself what you want exactly:
- Are you looking for new employees?
- Do you want to network and find people you can partner/collaborate with?
- Are you interested in new industry trends and/or new strategies to use?
- Do you need some hard-to-find industry data, research, or anything else you could find out from experts?
- Are you looking for new customers or suppliers (they also attend such e-commerce conferences)?
#2. Choose must-attend talks
Your end goal will often determine which talks you cannot miss. If you’re in for industry trends, anything about the future of e-commerce or Amazon will be your must-attend. If you came for networking, e-commerce conferences often feature special events where people can gather, talk, and hold various discussions.
One part of any conference we would entice you to attend are Q&A sessions. Talks cannot cover it all, while your fellow sellers likely face the same problems and issues you have day to day, so you might hear a lot of questions you want answers to and even have a chance to ask your own.
#3. Is there anyone you want to meet in person?
Most e-commerce shows invite top guests and speakers you might feel you have nothing in common with. But they also have sessions from people within different niches or with different experiences, so make sure to go through the agenda well in advance and not only focus on the topics but on speakers and their positions.
You can even look up speakers on LinkedIn and see where they worked before—maybe their past professional experience is relevant to you and you have a question they can address.
#4. Refine your elevator pitch
Even if networking is not your key objective for attending an e-commerce conference, you will get to meet a lot of people. And it’s a great chance to find partners, collaborators, and just friends.
But every new acquaintance on a professional platform starts with a simple question: “What do you do?”. So work on your introduction before attending a conference.
It doesn’t have to be all original and fancy—just your name, your role, and where you work. All great connections start from there.
#5. Keep things organized
Any e-commerce show tries to fit in as many things on its agenda as possible, and often at the same time. So if you don’t want to miss out on events that are important to you, staying organized is the key.
Now, how do you do that?
- Prepare your own schedule: the event’s agenda is a great place to start but don’t rely on it completely. When you set your foot at the conference, you’ll get distracted, so create your own plan for absolute must-attend events and follow it.
- Leverage all the resources offered by the organizers: most e-commerce shows are tech-savvy, so make sure to make the most of what they offer—for instance, if they have a special app where people can connect with each other, download it well in advance. Also, most events have a dedicated hashtag on Twitter, so get familiar with tools like Tweetdeck to follow everything in real time.
- Take notes: although you may feel like the conference talks are so smooth, they will stay in your brain for the long run, you’ll hear a lot of information you may want to keep. So take a notepad and a pen (well, a smartphone if you can type fast) and write down all the key information you hear about. Most speakers share their presentations, but there are a lot of talks and outside facts that aren’t featured anywhere else.
What to do after a business conference?
E-commerce conferences are intense, so you might feel exhausted after everything is over. But take the time to do a few more things before you wrap up:
- Follow-up on your contacts
On any event, connections come quickly. But they also disappear if you don’t reach out to your new contacts within a few days. It’s best to even connect with them within the first 24 hours—the memories are fresh and there are a lot of mutual discussion points. Connect with them on LinkedIn, write an email, or a message if you took their phone number.
- Organize your notes
While you still have a great recollection of everything that was going on during the e-commerce conference, sit down and organize your notes. While things are fresh, you will have the opportunity to elaborate on your scrabbles and actually turn them into a coherent narrative. Also, try to create some action plan based on everything you have learned—whether it’s a new sales tactic, a new supplier, or a new platform you haven’t used before.
- Share your discoveries and experiences
If you work in a team or know fellow sellers who didn’t attend the conference, make sure to share your experience and newly acquired knowledge. Take your organized notes (something you should have from the previous point) and present everything in a clear and enticing manner.
Thanks for reading the post! Follow us on social media, and don’t miss new opportunities to increase your profits:
5 Amazon E-commerce Predictions for 2022 (+ 20 Actionable Tips to Leverage Them). Here is a sneak peek at what 2022 holds for Amazon's sellers and what you can do to grow your business in the coming year!